For as long as I shall live..I will testify to Love

Wow...I cant believe its December already. I also cant believe how long its been since I posted something...haha. Journaling has never been one of my strong points...but I try!
I have something really great to write about tonight. I spent this weekend at Sun Peaks with a group of the most amazing people Ive ever met. It was a weekend full of laughs, tears, Love, food, and fun....and Love, did I mention that?! We had our retreat for the 6 month training that we have completed. The purpose of this weekend was to come together to celebrate and acknowledge our own personal growth over the past 6 months. I have watched the other participants blossom and grow, and believe that if I am seeing that within them, it must be within me as well. 'What you acknowledge in your brother you are acknowledging in yourself, and what you share you strengthen.' A Course in Miracles
   I am leaving this training a much different woman than the one who walked in those doors. When I walked into this 6 months ago I was afraid, un-trusting, believed very little of myself and no longer believed that I was deserving of Love...including my own. The noise in my head was loud, and unloving. My thoughts were self destructive and negative. I believed that everything going wrong in my life was everybody's fault but my own. I was told six months would go by quickly...they didn't lie. Its hard to believe that I sat terrified in a room of strangers knowing that I would be bearing my soul to them, and now they are my family who I cant imagine not having in my life, it feels like yesterday I was sitting in that room ready to run.
I have received so much from this opportunity and am grateful for what I have learned and know that these tools will serve me for the rest of my life. I feel more at peace then I have ever felt and am trusting more than ever. I am on a journey of self discovery and am curious to see what else I will learn about myself, and what healing will take place. I am grateful for my teachers, my friends and my new family. The biggest thing I'm grateful for is the Love in my life...there is nothing more than that.

Comments

Popular Posts