Married Life....

I have been married for 5 months.

On Friday night my husband I went to a BBQ with some friends, and our wedding minister was also at this dinner, we hadn't seen her since the wedding.

The first thing she asked was "How's married life going?" I quickly responded with "It doesn't feel any different, nothing has changed" to which she replied "No...its different. Marriage looks good on you".

This got me thinking and reflecting on what marriage is, and what I feel I have received from the whole experience. I am lucky enough to be married to the most incredible person on the planet. He is patient, gentle, and he really REALLY loves me, which is so evident in every way. He loves me for who I am and doesn't want to change me (although I'm sure there are things he wished were different). He makes an effort to change  things to make our life better, and is willing to make sacrifices for our future. When I am around him I feel safe, secure, and he gives me reassurance when I feel like the world is falling out from underneath me.

I feel settled. He is my family and will walk beside me every step of the way and I will be there for his journey ready to support him in his life and choices (even if I don't agree) because that's what having a partner is about.

My great Auntie recently passed away, she left behind her love of  60 years and up until the last day she could open her eyes you could see how much she adored him. I can only hope for that kind of lasting love with my husband.

Comments

Popular Posts