A Letter to my Best Friend

To my Best Friend:

Thank you for picking up your phone yesterday. Actually, thank you for picking up your phone every time I really needed you. There are a handful of moments in my life that I cant imagine getting through if you hadn't picked up that phone.

I know that might sound dramatic....but its true.

You listen without judgment. I never feel like I need to sensor myself, or be careful with my words. You know the perfect combination of listening and talking, and when you chime in its always the right thing to say. Plus you can always find a way to make me laugh even if its not with flared nostrils or a ruler to the face you still manage to make it happen.

I never feel like a burden and you always find time to listen, even if I can hear the kids screaming in the background, or your cooking dinner. When I need you your there, even when it may not be the most convenient time.

There are few people who will ever get to experience a true life long friend but thankfully I am not one of those people. I have you.

I have seen you become the most incredible mother, wife, and friend...basically the best human being on the planet. I am so proud to know you and blessed to be a part of your life.

Thank you for your friendship, love, and most of all thank you for holding onto my excitement until I am ready to let go of my fear. I know you will keep it safe for me.

With Gratitude,
Melody

Comments

Popular Posts