Right relationships....

While I was in Vernon, a big part of our workshop was spent talking about right relationships, what they look like, and how to build them. While this is most definitely applies to my work, I couldn't help but notice the way it applies to my personal relationships. During the week we discussed relationships between a service coordinator and a client. Its no wonder they are often misguided, and toxic because there are a large number of people who struggle to have right relationships in they're personal lives and then apply what they know to be true to the lives of others.
Right relationships are built on trust, compassion, understanding, love, and honesty.
Honestly, there have been many times in the past where I have failed to create, or maintain right relationships...for various reasons, and looking back I can see just how toxic they are to the human spirit. When I have engaged in negative behaviour and created chaos with the people in my life, nobody wins. I have been left feeling un-loved, guilty, and not very good about myself.
What a silly thing to do!
However, now I am having a new experience, and LOVING how I feel...and when I feel good, my relationships flourish, and grow.

Comments

Popular Posts