My last lesson from 2016...

Since the beginning of January I have made it a point to wake every morning and read something inspirational, look at something that fills my heart (like puppy pictures), or listen to a song really loud that lifts me up (only when husband is working...don't wake a sleeping bear).

Since I started doing this I have noticed a shift in my whole life...

I have always been a fairly positive person, but in 2016 I was definitely starting experience more negative thoughts and feelings than I had in a long time. I really started to notice it in September because I very distinctly remember feeling like I was losing myself. I could feel myself isolating, I stopped doing things I loved, I didn't want to connect with my friends or family, and I was sad a lot. When I was in my early 20's a battled with a pretty heavy depression and so these feelings were all very familiar, and a little bit scary for me. This time around I had tools to do things differently so it didn't spiral out of control.

I am a big believer in manifesting the things we want and need, I believe that life's experiences are in front of us because we asked for them to be there so we can learn and grow. My thoughts created my reality...and I knew I didn't want this space to be my reality because I had worked really hard over the years to become a woman who loved herself deeply and lived a life full of Love and Joy.

So to start making things better I asked for support to work through it, I started reading 'he Universe Has Your Back',started a gratitude jar, I wrote affirmations daily and slowly but surely things started to shift for me.

I was happy to leave 2016 behind and I knew that I wanted 2017 to be different so I made a commitment to myself to start everyday with something that lifts me up. I have lived up to this and I am so grateful I have because the most amazing things have come from it and I can see every area of my life starting to expand...which fills me up even more and keeps my momentum going.



xo


Comments

Popular Posts