'Where you invest your love...you invest your life.'

What a great line.
I believe it couldn't be more true. I have learned more and more how important it is to be loving, not only to the people in our lives, but to ourselves. When we can begin to be more loving and gentle with ourselves, we cant help but be loving and gentle to the people who surround us, and the situations we find ourselves in. Although I believe this is true, sometimes it can be difficult to find love for people in your life if you believe that they have 'wronged' you, or have done something to hurt you. This is something that is a continuous struggle for me because there are people who I feel have hurt me so deeply that I don't even know where I would begin to start forgiving them, or how it would be conceivable to extend my love to them. The thought of it makes me feel physically ill. So for me, it boils down to a choice. I can choose to stay angry, and hold on to that which no longer serves me, or I can choose to look upon those people with a loving and compassionate heart, and trust that 'this too shall pass'.

I Choose Love...

Comments

Popular Posts