"What did you receive from this"?

Life doesn't always seem fair...I sometimes think about the events happening in the world, and the experiences that we all face in our  lives and wonder what went wrong.


When I had my breath session earlier this week I had an opportunity to explore my feelings regarding my pregnancy in a safe and trusting environment. I knew that whatever my practitioners response was to my emotions and thoughts came from a place of only Love. I cried, felt sorry for myself and talked about my anger, jealousy and fear. And then she asked the question "What if you weren't a victim in this, what could it be about instead?"

Old Melody would have been completely offended! "What do you mean....I AM A VICTIM"!!

Present day Melody is much more in tune, but needs reminders every so often to look for the truth.

"What did you receive from this"?

The truth is I received a lot...more that I probably realize. I was reminded once again how to ask for help. I was humbled by being the person taken care of rather than the caretaker of others. I was reminded of the Love my friends and family have for me. More intimacy was created between my husband and I. I had a chance to slow down and put me first. I took a risk in being vulnerable and sharing my experience with others so I didn't feel so alone, and hoped that if there were others who felt alone they could feel my Love and Light.

Lastly, I have been given another opportunity to trust.

Trusting didn't stand out to me as something I received from this experience. My practitioner had to point that one out to me, but its the truth (she is SO smart!!!!)

Everything we go through gives us another opportunity to trust in the process. What we experience is bigger than we can ever imagine and it is preparing us for what's ahead and reminds us about the things that matter most to us.

The next time you experience a difficult moment I hope you can ask yourself "What did I receive from this"?

The answers might surprise you.


xo


Comments

Popular Posts