``Hold a true friend with both your hands``

Today was yet another beautiful day in Kamloops...I hope the sun stays around for a while yet. :)

Another beautiful thing happened today...I re-connected with a very good friend. Over the last 6 months or so her and I had lost touch. We have had a lot of good times together, and our share of rough times too, but she was always there for me if I needed some advice, an ass kicking(shes a personal trainer...haha), or just needed someone to listen to me be completely irrational. I had been feeling extremely guilty for not keeping in touch, especially since she was expecting a beautiful baby, who I couldn't wait to meet. However, the universe had other plans for me. As a result, I chose to separate from her, and as I said, was left feeling very guilty for abandoning my friend. She has been been on my mind a lot lately, and I decided it was time for me to pick up the phone and connect. I was so scared. I was afraid that she wouldn't answer, or call back. And if she did call me back, I was afraid that she was going to hate me for not making an effort to see her or reach out....and I would need to accept that. I didn't hear from her for a few days, I was sad...but also knew that she has a new babe and is busy being a new Mommy.
Today my phone rang and it was her number on the other end!!! YAY!  Part of me wanted to let it go to voicemail so she would leave a message and I could listen to it and decide if she was mad or not! Looking back now I'm glad I didn't do that because we had a really great conversation. We were able to do a little bit of catching up, and talk about new baby, work, and all sorts of things. This weekend I'm going to make time to go see her, and meet her beautiful daughter. I cant wait.  :)

Comments

Popular Posts