Facing fears....No thank you!

This is quickly becoming my favorite time of the day, when I can find some time and sit down to type whatever the heck it is I want to talk about.
  It was beautiful out today, cold and crisp, but beautiful. The sun was out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I have found myself complaining a lot lately about the impending winter that is on its way, and not being grateful for the beauty that is all around me right now.  This seems to be a common theme or pattern in my life, always thinking about the future and not staying in the moment, its getting better, and this is just another place I get to learn!!! :) GO ME!!!
 Speaking of themes, tonight at work I was supporting a client at Toastmasters, which is an organization that teaches public speaking and Leadership skills, one of the speeches that was made talked about a theme that has been very prominent in my life in the past few months....following your heart, and listening to your intuition. As I listened to this particular speaker, I had goosebumps the entire time. Her words hit me hard, and I was taken by her personal story of how she came to B.C. from Ontario. She shared that her family was in crisis, her father and brother both in the late stages of cancer, but she had a calling to come to B.C. for her work. Most people would have stayed where they were out of fear of making the 'wrong' choice, failing, or letting down their family. Instead, she packed her bags and came to the west coast where she has become very successful in her career, met her husband, and raised a family. It was inspiring. I am a young woman with many years ahead of me, and hope that I can continue to grow and learn in a loving gentle way. I want nothing more than to discern  the things in my life that serve me, and the places that I no longer benefit from. Since December of last year, I have had this nudging inside of me that Kamloops is not the place for me anymore, that there is somewhere else I will be living. I keep pushing it aside because I am afraid. I'm afraid to leave my job, my family, my friends, and my comfort. The woman's story tonight is just another reminder of facing my fears, and discerning what I really want to live the most joyous and fulfilling life possible.
Dan Mangan is currently the soundtrack to my life, and he has a song that says it best. Its called "Set the Sails"

Might be time to pack 'er in
Set the sails and just get hauled away
Maybe east or something
West was overrated anyway

The storm's coming down
These old walls are wearing thin
There's an ache to this town
And somethings gotta give

If we're digging for gold
And coming up dry
Its Just a matter of time.

Comments

  1. Hi Melody! Welcome to the blogging world and to Passage Paradis nice to have you! Loved your duvet post - oh!!!! it's not just me then!? That all sounded so familiar! Cheers and Happy Blogging and Knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts