Everybody loves somebody who can knit!

I started a new hobby, its one that Ive been wanting to learn for a while, and I thought tonight was a good time to start. Unlike other interests  I have had in the past and quickly quit, I hope this will be one that I continue. I love the thought of making my own hats, scarves, and blankets! It makes my heart smile.
So off I went earlier this evening to get the things that I needed to begin this new adventure. Along the way I found some other items that wanted to come home with me, like a mirror for the front entrance and red flannel sheets!! YAY! Anywho...back to the knitting. I got everything I needed and speedily came home to try it out. I sat down and started reading the book....I lost interest pretty quickly, but pushed myself to continue reading. It doesn't help that my BBM was chiming away, which is a constant distraction in my everyday life...I wont complain however, as its always good company on the other end. :)
So, I continued to read, and look at diagrams. I didn't understand, so I read it again, and again, and again. Its pretty confusing in the beginning. Instead of reading it again, I decided to try it out. I rolled the yarn into a ball, this is the first step. Next comes the making of the slipknot, again I wasn't understanding it when I read it, so I turned to the ever handy You Tube. Turns out I'm a visual learner....good to know! The third step is to 'cast on'. I needed to cast on 30 times for this particular project(a magic scarf). It was slow going at the start, but I caught on pretty quickly, and then there was no stopping me! I was on fire!! After casting on, its time to start the knit stitch....tried that a few times, couldn't get it, so here I am...haha. I haven't given up, I'm just taking a break until tomorrow. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts