What I love....fresh bedding. What I dont love....

...fighting with a duvet cover.
Here's the scene, its approx 11:00pm when I suddenly realize my bedding is sitting in the dryer and its bedtime. Now, for me laundry is awful at the best of times, let alone when I'm all ready for bed and could care less about whats in the dryer. So then I pout, and head down the stairs to get it all, mumbling to myself the whole time. I arrive in my room and so begins the task of putting the sheets on. My fitted sheet is just a tad too small for my mattress...the fight begins. I'm grunting and groaning trying to get the bloody thing on, it like a workout. Next comes the daunting task of putting all 6 of my pillows into the appropriate pillow cases. Why I need 6 pillows I don't know....lets save that for another day shall we!! I always save the worst for last. The dreaded duvet. I dunno, maybe its just me but good lord, I loathe putting the duvet cover on. Its a matter of finding the corners and then there's all this extra fabric hanging out, and then I lose a corner and have to start all over. I could be making it more difficult than it needs to be....story of my life. I have found that I usually always have the means of making things easy for myself or at least less complicated, but I somehow always manage to talk myself out of it so I have one more place of difficulty in my life.
Anyways, back to the story. Finally everything is on, and is looking great. I'm feeling pretty happy. I turn down the covers, turn off the light and climb in. At that moment, lying in a bed with crisp bedding that smells so delicious, I forget all about the difficulty and simply enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts